WARRANTY & RETURNS
Not only do we have the best Tech & Sales Support in the industry, we also have one of the most simplest and straightforward Warranty & Return Policies as well. You can rest assured that when you purchase a product from us, that you will be taken care of on Warranty & Returns.
To explain our policies in the most efficient manner, we have compiled a list of questions that our customers most frequently ask about this subject.
frequently asked questions
It depends on the product, but all of our product listings will have the warranty length included in the description. Simply navigate to the product description of the product that you are inquiring about to see the warranty length. The warranty period begins on the day that the product gets delivered to you by the shipping courier.
Basically any defective or malfunctioning aspect of the product that has incurred during normal use of the product that has not been caused by improper use or improper installation.
Example: A properly installed camera or DVR simply stopped working or started acting abnormal one day during normal use for no externally related reason.
Any defective or malfunctioning aspect of the product caused by improper installation, customer misuse or damage, or external related damage such as faulty power, power surges, theft damage, etc. Any major alterations to a product. Some common examples that would not be covered under warranty:
- Obvious evidence of power surges or faulty power. This is usually indicated by burn marks on the devices board or power input.
- Acts of God: Any major damage due to severe weather such as lightning surge damage or any other major storm damage.
- Accidental damage by customer or intentional damage from other sources such as theft damage.
- (Most Common) Improper Installation or weatherproofing of cable connectors. Bad RJ45 crimp which is usually evident by bent or damaged pins to the female RJ45 connection. Rusted or corroded power and/or video camera cable connectors due to improper weatherproofing.
- Please note that just because a camera is listed as weatherproof does not mean its power and video connectors are weatherproofed. Please properly weatherproof your cameras power/video connectors with weatherproof electrical tape, silicone, or junction boxes.
- Customer misuse: Weather related issues occurring from using an indoor camera outside. Uploading an incorrect or unapproved firmware which either bricks the unit or causes it to malfunction.
- Any major alteration to a product. Cutting off connectors, drilling holes, or any other major abnormal alteration would be examples. Painting does not void warranty as long as it’s done in a manner that doesn’t affect the operation of the product.
We first ask you to give us a call or send us an email so that we can help troubleshoot any issue that you may have as sometimes it’s just a configuration issue that is causing the problem and not an actual defective product. If that doesn’t work, we will take a look at the product here and attempt to repair it. If we cannot repair it, we would simply replace the product with a brand new unit from our stock.
We do not offer advance replacements because we can often repair the product as opposed to actually replacing it. And often, products sent back to us turn out to not be defective at all. Given the complexity of the types of products that we sell, there are many external factors (network issues, cabling issues, etc) that could lead someone to think that their product is defective. Therefore, we must test all products at our location to assess whether an actual replacement is needed.
We aren’t going to be sticklers about this. We would love for you to return back the product in like new condition in the box with all of the components included, but we realize that this isnt always possible.
Fact of the matter is, if you’ve mounted and used a camera for a certain amount of days and end up not liking it, its nearly impossible to take the camera down and return it without it looking “used”. There is also a chance that you may have thrown away the box and some mounting screws and manuals along the way. Understandable. Therefore, all we ask is that you try to return the product to us in nearly the same condition that we sent it to you as.
Within one business day of receiving the product back in our warehouse. All returns are processed at 9:00 AM central time every day and that is about when you would see the refund.
Please note that we would only refund the original cost of the product you are returning. No original shipping costs would be refunded.
Due to the possibility of our skin temperature reading gear being temporary stocking items, we can only offer 30 days return policy on these types of items.
If you intend on making a large quantity purchase on these items and you are not 100% sure that they are right for your scenario, we ask that you first make a single piece purchase for testing before making your mass purchase. The 15 day period begins on the date the product gets delivered to your door to provide you with ample testing time.
Of course, our agents are also here to consult with you with any questions you may have.